Working as part of the Buying team in a busy office environment, reporting to the Product Manager. The role is to ensure products and services are purchased in line with the Company’s operational requirements.
- Responding to daily availability enquires from the Sales team, providing accurate information on due dates, expediting purchase orders when necessary.
- Generate and place scheduled purchase orders for clutch products.
- Communication with suppliers in Europe and China, manage planned shipments and resolve any quality issues.
- Update and maintain MAM (commercial software system).
- Monitor shipments from China, check and prepare relevant documentation.
- Produce monthly KPI reports and stock forecasts.
- Responsibility of all company packaging, including placing scheduled orders, introducing new products into the range, managing deliveries and all communication with UK suppliers.
- Full management of other miscellaneous products and services including freight.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Previous experience working with MAM or similar ERP system.
- Analytical, numerically astute with well-developed problem-solving abilities.
- Keen to take on responsibility and make decisions.
- Good communicator.
- Experience in a similar purchasing role desirable.
Permanent position. Full Time. Monday – Friday: 08:15 – 16:15.
- £19,000 – £21,000 per annum.
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Remote working not available.
- Covid safe working environment.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.